Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 10:36:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Having emerged from hibernation, the intrepid game designer's brain begins slowly ticking over....

+  Spare Brains Games
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Stuff
| | |-+  I've had to lock membership
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I've had to lock membership  (Read 4951 times)
Wayne Zombie
Administrator
Mindless Corpse

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2009, 04:58:23 PM »

Spammers have discovered my board and started posting spam messages.  I've locked registration so that you will now have to be approved before you can post.

I apologize, and I'm hoping that eventually they'll leave me alone and I can open it up again to email confirmation.
Wayne Zombie
Administrator
Mindless Corpse

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 07:44:39 PM »

And a note to people registering for membership: if your email address looks like bouncing your fingers on the keyboard to generate a random account, the likelihood of your registration being canceled goes up considerably, as does having an IP address originating in Russia or other countries known as spam havens.

I really hate having to lock membership, but that's the way it goes.  You can also expedite membership approval by sending me a message to my private email account, which I am not going to post here.  But if you have one of my business cards, you have my email address, so use it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length